Question & Answer Trap
Question & Answer Trap
- Invisible trap
- Onscreen text reads: “Uh oh. You are in a trap. Answer the question to leave.”
- Set your own question
- Set your own answer
- Easy to answer (newbie ready)
- Resizable (okMod)
okCopy: This means you can make copies of the item. okCopy is a better value if you might need more than one instance of the item.
Extra Backup Copies: Besides this item being okCopy, the inworld productPM store features an Express Redelivery Terminal, that will give you a few extra backup copies. Should you suffer the misfortune of a Second Life server losing your inventory, you can get more copies of your item at the productPM store Express Redelivery Terminal.
Question & Answer Trap serves as both a useful and fun gadget. It can add an unexpected surprise to your sim experience. For instance Question & Answer Trap might be utilized as an unexpected means for educators to issue a pop-quiz, or as a security point where only members know the answer, or just for fun to have your visitors pay attention. Question & Answer Trap will help elevate the interest at your land via this challenging surprise.
Genuine productPM technical support is included with this item.
- Rez Question & Answer Trap from your inventory.
- The actual trap module rezzes in an invisible state,
- So you are going to need to set your viewer to see invisible objects.
- Press these keys at the same time on your keyboard: [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [t].
- Once you can see your Question & Answer Trap, move your avatar to it.
- Your Question & Answer Trap will become solid when your avatar gets trapped inside it.
- Set your viewer back to normal view again: [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [t].
- Next you can set the answer.
- RightClick your Question & Answer Trap > Select Edit
- Type the answer in the Description field.
- The script will need to be reset so it knows the answer.
- Select the Contents tab.
- There is one script named “Question & Answer Trap script”
- RightClick the script > Select Open > Press Reset
- Next, you can set the Question
- RightClick the Keypad.
- Type the question in the Description field.
- Close the edit window.
- LeftClick the keypad
- Your question will float about the keypad
Congratulation on setting up your Question & Answer Trap.
Let’s call the avatars you trap participants. A participant walking toward your Question & Answer Trap will not see the invisible trap. The participant will only see the hovertext question. As the participant approaches to read the question, he will be trapped inside. Your Question & Answer Trap will become solid and display gate bars. This text is displayed onscreen:
“Uh oh. You are in a trap. To get out of this trap type the correct answer”
The participant will remain trapped inside until he types the correct answer into normal chat. Once the correct answer is given, this text is will appear onscreen:
“Correct answer. You have 10 seconds to escape”
Afterwards your Question & Answer Trap will automatically reset, and will become invisible again, waiting to trap the next participant.
It is possible that a participant may not give the correct answer, give up, and quit SL. Should this occur your Question & Answer Trap will be in the solid cage state. And so, should you ever notice that your Question & Answer Trap is in this solid cage state, you will need to manually reset the script.
I cannot find Tools / Edit / etc…
These instructions are based on the official Second Life viewer. Often productPM documentation refers to accessing an object’s Contents menu. Right-Click the item > select Edit (or Build if that is currently appearing) > then select the Contents tab.