Keyword expander increases traffic
okCopy, okMod, 2 prims
Search is big. Search is the most critical and vital artery of our digital world. Search Optimizer ensures there is room for every single keyword that should be associated with your land parcel. Simply type all of the keywords that describe your business/event/activity into a notecard; then, within 12hrs, your keywords will have been matched by the SL search engine to the land parcel where you have placed your Search Optimizer at. Residents using inworld search will see your land parcel name and location appear in the search results. All you need to do is list the correct keywords you suppose your customers/attendees will be typing into search. (The 12hr delay is due to the frequency when the SL / Google crawlers update a snapshot of your sim objects. This time could be less than 12hrs).
Easy to use:
- Enter keywords on notecard
- Behold the magic you have performed!
- SL search directs traffic to your land
Doubles as a Landmark dispenser. Hovertext reads “Please click for Landmark”.
Search Optimizer v3 provides increased performance:
– Works steadily on Single owner land and Group land. Homogenized programming works automatically on both types of land.
This means you can make copies of the item. okCopy is a better value if you might need more than one instance of the item.
Extra Backup Copies
Besides this item being okCopy, the inworld productPM store features an Express Redelivery Terminal, that will give you a few extra backup copies. Should you suffer the misfortune of a Second Life server losing your inventory, you can get more copies of your item at the productPM store Express Redelivery Terminal.
Genuine productPM technical support is included with this item.
Make sure to abide with proper keyword usage as outlined in the Official Linden Lab Search Guidelines:
- Rez Search Optimizer from your inventory
- It is probably a good idea to place Search Optimizer at the entrance of your place
- Right-click your Search Optimizer > select Edit > select the Contents tab
- Within the Contents window, notice the notecard “Keyword list”
- Right-click the Keyword list notecard
- Enter your keywords on the notecard.
- Replace the productPM store landmark with your own.
- Close the contents window
- Left-click to turn on Search Optimizer
- A second left-click may be required to get it started.
- When it is started onscreen text will read: “Search Optimizer activated”
- Congratulations on setting up your Search Optimizer.
Make sure your land is set to allow items to show in search. From the top of your viewer select World > About Land > select the Options tab > check the Show in Search option box. (If you do not own the land, you will need to ask your landlord to check the “Show in Search” box).
* Here are some helpful guidelines to keep in mind while entering keywords on the notecard. Only about 20 lines will be utilized. Each line can have around 120 characters (about 20 words); that yields a total of around 2,500 characters (about 500 words) per notecard.
* If you want to add yet more keywords, you can rez more Search Optimizers. Make sure your additional Search Optimizers are placed at least 20m apart.
* If your sim restarted, make sure to touch-start Search Optimizer in order to activate it.
While you can expand out many infinite amounts of keywords by rezzing more Search Optimizers, tests indicate that after multiple Search Optimizers were in place on the sim parcel a slight drop in FPS may sometimes occur (that means that if you have 10 Search Optimizers running on the same parcel, you will probably create sim slowing lag). Here is a good way to use just one Search Optimizer to produce more named search results over the course of a week: Go ahead and fill the notecard up with as many lines as you need (that is more than the specified 20 lines suggested in the above paragraph). Everyday the SL search engine will refresh to catalog a new random different group of 20 lines. This tactic will provide you with more varied search terms over time, while keeping your sim land in good performing lag-free order.
Your keywords will appear in search results listed under your parcel heading. From the notecard, each line of keywords is grouped together in search result details, along with the coordinate location. If an occasionally precise resident pinpoints the listed coordinates, she will locate a Landmark Dispenser (-Landmark Dispenser, cover job of Search Optimizer), and hovertext reading “Please click for a Landmark”.
Note: Produces up to 10 extra invisible prims during operation
I cannot find Tools / Edit / etc…
These instructions are based on the official Second Life Viewer. Often productPM documentation refers to accessing an object’s Contents menu. Right-Click the item > select Edit (or Build if that is currently appearing) > then select the Contents tab.
How do I know it is working?
I have a couple of Search Optimizers in use at different locations, and I can see they are working by typing the store name into search, and I see the terms show up in the same search result. Also as a test, you can verify by entering an obscure term (that no one else on SL would have typed) in the notecard, wait 12hrs, then use the SL search to look for that obscure term, and it will appear in the search results. For verifying the results using inworld SL Search, go to the All tab search window type in your personal obscure test term, then you will see your land title. Click your land title and your keyword search terms will appear listed under Objects found here.
General comment regarding official usage approval:
To be extra safe productPM submitted Search Optimizer to both the Linden Search Team and the Linden SL Developer Team. Purchasers of this Search Optimizer item by productPM can rest assured that it functions in accordance with Second Life TOS.