Server Room Secure
Server Room Secure 2
9m x 7m x 6m high
Also available: Server Room 2
- Ejects intruders
- Adds to ban list, unsits
- Key verification door
- Access list
- Multi-user okCopy version:
- Shelves for SL business servers
- 3 level wrap around shelves
- Ascending door movement
- Auto close door
- Semi transparent viewing door
- The okCopy version allows multiple user access.
- A whitelist allows up to 20 users.
okCopy: This means you can make copies of the item. okCopy is a better value if you might need more than one instance of the item.
Extra Backup Copies: Besides this item being okCopy, the inworld productPM store features an Express Redelivery Terminal, that will give you a few extra backup copies. Should you suffer the misfortune of a Second Life server losing your inventory, you can get more copies of your item at the productPM store Express Redelivery Terminal.
If you have a server (or many servers) to run your business. Surely you have noticed that when you receive an item from a server, the notification also details the precise location of the server. A significant percentage of your server customers will be curious and teleport to the location of your server (most likely your customer has teleported inside your home). With Server Room Secure 2 such intruders will be quickly teleported away. You will receive a report that includes the name of the intruder and sim.
Genuine productPM technical support is included with this item.
There are two versions of Server Room Secure 2, the noCopy owner only model (2-Ow), and the okCopy multiple user version (2-Mu). The set up instruction differs per model.
Model 2-Ow set-up:
Simply rez Server Room Secure 2-Ow from your inventory. No configuration is needed. Left-click the key image to enter. The key authenticates the owner, then the lock image changes from a closed lock to a open lock image. The door will ascend open, then auto close. To exit while inside, there is also a key image to touch. Enjoy using your Server Room Secure 2-Ow.
Model 2-Mu set-up:
Rez Server Room Secure 2-Mu from your inventory. It will automatically recognize the owner without configuration. Up to 20 additional users can be granted access. Here are step-by-step instructions to add user names:
- Right-click your Server Room Secure 2-Mu > select Edit > select the Contents tab
- Notice the notecard “whiteList” > right-click this notecard > select Open
- Each line of the notecard begins with “access1:” or “access2:”, etcetera
- Type one name per line, for example access1:Philip Linden
- Make sure there is no space between the “:” and the avatar name
- When all of the access names are added the script will need to be reset
- To reset the script type “/2 SRS2 reset” while standing beside your Server Room Secure 2-Mu
- You will receive a confirmation message: Server Room Secure 2-Mu: Resetting
- Congratulations on setting up your Sever Room Secure 2-Mu!
Note: Activate security
When you initially touched the key image to enter, the security system is also removed from the floor, allowing you to walk in. The unlock image indicates that the security system is off. While the door automatically closes, the security system needs to be manually re-armed. To activate the security eject system type “/2 SRS2 on”. The unlock image will update to locked status.
Note 2: Group land:
For the security eject function work on group land your Server Room Secure 2 will need to be deeded to the group. Make sure to first add your name to the whiteList.
Note 3: Group land disclaimer:
While Server Room Secure 2 will work on group owned land, support is not provided to group use (reason being that there are too many variables with group hierarchical settings, most often beyond the customer and productPM permission to adjust). This means that you may need to contact your group land owner and request that he allow you the ability to deed objects.
I cannot find Tools / Edit / etc…
These instructions are based on the official Second Life Viewer. Often productPM documentation refers to accessing an object’s Contents menu. Right-Click the item > select Edit (or Build if that is currently appearing) > then select the Contents tab.